Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday Photo Prompt

Todays photo prompt is Aroma: A distinctive and typically pleasant smell. The hard part here was picking just one subject... so in the spirit of indulgence I took several.

My first thought is of course coffee. If you've been reading my blog at all you probably expected it. Loaded with chocolate eclair creamer, mmmmm. I think one of the reasons I love coffee so much is for the smell. It reminds me of my grandpa. the smell of pipe smoke and coffee instantly put me in his livingroom; he would smoke, and have his coffee on the side table near his elbow. We would chat while he watched golf.
Second would be perfume. I'm to darn lazy to pull out my fancy glass perfume bottles (the kind you buy empty and then fill, if you don't care that your perfume will evaporate). I do have my sparkling perfumed powder sitting in my dresser drawer though so I tried to get a shot of it. It smells wonderfully of Lavender and Chamomile and I rather like how the textures came through.
Just to cover my basis (as the Man dislikes the smell of coffee AND lavender so he'd argue the "pleasant smell" portion of the definition in my photo's). I took a couple shots of my pumpkin spice oil candle. The first shot before the wax melted; the difference between the hard candle wax and the fluidness of the oil wax create a nice contrast.
The second after both were liquid. The glow of a fire always adds a warmth to a photo. I can almost feel the heat off the metal and this time of year the smell of spice candles keeps the home warm whether it's cold outside or not.

3 comments:

Chris T said...

Good set of photos!

canadacole said...

Lovely bunch of photos!

Igotmebabe said...

A lovely set of shots. Your mention of pipe smoke reminds me of my papa (grandpa) although his preference was a cup of tea, or a glass of black rum :)
Janette

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.