Monday, January 12, 2009

The pitfalls of boo boo's

I was in the kitchen minding my own business when I heard a thump come from down the hall. Then I heard an "ow" and the kiddo came down the hall at a run fake crying* and grabbing his butt.

So I knelt down and asked him if he hurt himself, and what happened.

He told me that he fell, and it hurt his bum. He then proceeded to pull off his drawers. I quickly hid a giggle (oh come on, you'd laugh too) and asked him what on earth he was doing. He looked at me like I was a complete idiot and turned, pointed his little pink butt at me and said "well maybe you should kiss my butt... maybe you should kiss it better."

I said I am NOT kissing your butt kid, you'll have to get over this one on your own. He humphed at me and walked off (without his drawers).

*I have no idea why he does the fake cry thing. He only does it when something hurts enough to need a little love but not enough to actually get upset over. Ironically when it hurts enough for real tears we usually don't see any at all.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.