Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cabin Fever... escape!

About two weeks ago the Mans parents just purchased a new used car. It's a Taurus so if you all have been paying attention (reference my taurus police car post earlier this month) then you know I approve!! It's a very pretty color (sand stone I think, it's a little golden in the sun, and silver in the shade). It has heated seat, a sunroof, usb plug, the phone even hooks through the speakers! I'm a little in awe to be honest. And it rides smooth as silk too.

Last weekend, while we were hanging out at the Mans sisters house celebrating her daughter Jessie's birthday (she turned 7 this year) his dad asked him if we would like to borrow their other car for awhile until they can figure out what to do with it. The Man asked me and I said that I wasn't sure how often I would actually use it (I get nervous driving other peoples cars, I just KNOW that's when fate will step in and crunch me) but that if it would help them out to have us store it, then I'm sure it would come in handy now and then to have, so sure.

End result being we now have a loner car!! And amazingly enough it came in handy a LOT sooner then I thought it would. The Man will be working every single day this week (and weekend) so there really isn't any free day for me to have our car for errands. Having Mom's old car meant that today the Kiddo and I could go out and get some stuff done!! I mailed the broken nook back (button crack, quick exchange return, easy as pie). And I went to the post office and purchased some stamps. The Kiddo really wanted the animal shelter stamps but they didn't have any so we ended up with cowboys. We had a bill and a letter that have been waiting to go out since last Friday!! It's nice to have things done, and to have been able to get out of the house...

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.