Sunday, November 21, 2010

I had a bad dream

The Kiddo came into our room this morning with giant sad eyes and tiny sniffles, he was calling for his dad but climbed into my side of the bed. I blearily looked at the clock and saw 7am, generally I get till 7:30 nowadays and I really like that last 30 minutes, so I ignored the patheticness that was him and demanded to know what he was doing out of HIS bed before 8.

Him: well I had a bad dream and needed to see dad but he’s in the bathroom.

Me: you had a bad dream? about what?

Him: it was a peanut butter sandwich and you wouldn’t let me make it. I really wanted to eat it, I cried.

Me (thinking)…. what? a peanut butter sandwich? He’s hungry? it’s 7!!! Oh for crying out loud.

Me: It was just a dream baby, c’mon in next to mommy and see if you can go back to sleep.

…………………………………………………………………………………..

Thirty minutes later, after we were officially up and I’d chugged half a cup of coffee, I asked him again what his dream was about. He confirmed that in his dream he wanted to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but I wouldn’t let him. He was SO hungry and it would have been so yummy but I kept saying no, and that it made him cry.

11-21-2010 peanut butter lunch

So when breakfast time rolled around I decided I better make up for the mean evil dream mommy that I apparently am, and I let the kid have a sandwich AND “kid coffee” (chocolate milk), with marshmallows on the side. His absolute favorite meal.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.