Saturday, November 13, 2010

training progress updates

Cupcake is doing really well with her training. I took a video a couple days ago so I could show her progress, but I can't seem to get it to publish to blogger (typical, but I'll keep trying). The problem is that while she does extremely well inside (doing the command every single time) she doesn't listen outside. As long as I have her on lead I can get her to come every time, out there, and sit about 80% (working on it)... but if I try a down command outdoors she flat out refuses. I'm really not sure what that's all about (possibly she's to intent on distractions?). I suppose she just needs more time and I need more patience while she works on realizing that a command is to be followed no matter where we are, not just where she chooses.

On the plus side though her leash walking is pretty much up to 100% perfect. She will now walk on the sidewalk next to a busy street without worrying about the passing cars. She will also walk past people without having to say hi. A large group of kids is a challenge for her (she really really wants to play) but we'll keep practicing.

And in the house, with all this training and work... nipping is virtually non existent, jumping is almost gone, peace is finally here...


No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.