Monday, November 22, 2010

Dilemmas

This morning the Kiddo was still asleep at 9:30, and he was still asleep at 10…

11-22-2010 sleeping

I’m usually pretty okay with giving him his medication plus or minus one hour from the usual dosage time, (usual dosage time for his thyroid medication is 8 on the weekdays and 8:30/9 on the weekends). The problem with that is we were told no food with it, that means waiting an hour after giving it to him before he can eat breakfast. So if I let him sleep until he wakes up, and if he happens to wake up more then an hour after he did the day before… what then? Or if I let him sleep and he wakes up within the =/- medication time limit BUT less then an hour before it’s time to get ready for school, when does he get to eat?

Today I chose to let him sleep, skip the meds, and give him breakfast as soon as he woke up. He’s had some pretty big bags under his eyes lately, and I felt sleep was the most important thing. I think that is okay because we were also told we can double him up the next day if for some reason we miss a dose (and that it would cause no ill effects).

I really hate making that choice, let him sleep or wake him to give him a pill. Either way the entire rest of the day I second guess myself and feel guilty *sigh*

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.