Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Stories

The other night as the Kiddo was getting into bed I told him to pick a stuffy and get under the covers while I turned on his music. He said "okay mom, but you get under your covers and snuggle your stuffy too!" I told him that was the plan, and that as soon as his door was closed I was going to get into my jammies, under my covers and snuggle my daddy stuffy. He burst out laughing and sputtered between giggles "nooo mom, daddy isn't a STUFFY!" I breathed a sigh but before I could say anything he threw a 100 watt smile at me and said "it's okay mommy, I have extra stuffies, you can have one of mine!". He popped up, rummaged around and picked his third favorite (a small stuffed rottie) and handed it to me saying "now you can sleep, xena stuffie will keep you safe".
....................................................................

The Kiddo is a little obsessed with his starwars lego game. He loves the idea of light sabers and "magic powers" (the force). The other day, he was telling his dad how he wanted to go to the "machine store" so we could buy a machine to shrink him tiny and put him into the tv so he could fight the bad guys with "his friends". Now most of you know the shrink machine idea of his is not a new thing so the Man told him that as soon as somebody made a machine that could actually do that he would buy him one but until then the Kiddo had to be patient. Then the man wandered off and the Kiddo looked at me very seriously and said:

"I have an idea, we will go to sleep and we will dream... yeah... well no... when we are asleep we wont dream, we will think! We will think while we sleep and then when we wake up we will know how to do it. Because the machine store, with the machine that will make us tiny and swoop us into the tv, that store is near Grannies house. And when we wake up we will know how to get there so we can buy it!"

Kind of a kids perspective on "we'll sleep on it and figure it out in the morning"
..............................................................

This last one happened this morning. The Kiddo woke me up in his usual manner (bouncing up and down on my stomach) and once he saw I was sufficiently awake he asked if we could go to the store. I told him no, daddy had the car and it's supposed to rain today so we're going to stay inside. He sighed and then said "well, can we call daddy? I want to ask him something. I want to ask him to stop at the magic store on the way home so he can buy me some magic powers." I asked him what magic powers looked like when you buy them and he said "they are round and glow'y, they float and then sink in your hands when you get them home, and then you have powers! And you can move things." Then he paused and thought, and he said "there are three stores, the magic store, the costume store that we can go to later, and the sword store... I want to ask daddy if he will stop at the sword store too and buy me a light saver!"

................................................................


No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.