Monday, October 18, 2010

note to self - running

I decided today was a good day to take a second shot at walking to drop the Kiddo off at school. We left with twenty five minutes to spare, but it only took us 15 minutes to get there.

See this time CC is bigger (and has longer legs) and she walks better on leash. That meant I didn't spent the entire trip dragging her after us. The biggest factor though was the Kiddo, he ran the entire way. Halfway there, knowing we had plenty of time, I reminded him that he didn't HAVE to run, he really could slow down and walk if he wanted too. He says: but mom I have to run, I CAN run, I wont give up.

He's very determined that he can do what other kids can, as fast and as strong... if not stronger and faster. I am proud of him for his persistence and his lack of fear in trying.

We arrived at school about 8 minutes before Mrs. S lined the kids up and took them in, I fed the kiddo some fruit snacks and hoped that the food would help boost his energy level and the extra exertion wouldn't effect his focus too much. It probably will, I feel bad for doing that to Mrs. S... I think for now I'll try to limit the on foot travel to coming home from school whenever possible.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.