Monday, July 19, 2010

Kids say the oddest...

The other day as I finished up my prep for a grocery store run I asked the Kiddo to go get ready so he could come with me. The Man was home and I thought it would be nice to take the Kid so he could get some relaxing solo time. The Kiddo had other ideas, the conversation when something like this:

me: Kiddo, go potty and get your shoes on, we're going to go to the grocery store.

Kiddo: that's okay mom, I want to stay here and play with my toys in my room.

me: What? Really? But I need you to come with me, I need your help to pick bananas..

Kiddo: But I really do want to stay here, I'll play in my room and daddy will play on his computer.

me: um er but I would really like you to come with me, I really do need help picking the banana's... oh AND I need help picking a new package of twizzlers...

Kiddo: I have an idea for you, what if you CALL me when you need help. I can stay here and play, and you can go get groceries, and you can call me when you need help picking the twizzlers and banana's. That's the greatest idea, isn't it a great idea?

me: ummm .... ....

========================================
This morning:

"Mom, I want to be a magic wolf dog. I'll have powers, and I'll save the whole big world all by myself! And when the alarm sounds that's when I'll turn into a wolf, and my tiny teeth will turn into great BIG teeth (tapping his front teeth)). And my tiny claws ((holding out his fingers and pointing to his nails)) will turn into HUGE claws, and my other tiny claws ((kicking his foot forward)) will turn into huge claws too, and then I'll be the biggest and the strongest and I'll save everybody."

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.