Friday, July 23, 2010

Home made pizza

Not exactly the lowest calorie pizza out there but just for kicks I tried a no carb cauliflower crust. We tried this a couple months ago and the 'bread' turned out rather soggy, usually I'll try something twice before tossing the recipe though so yesterday I gave it another shot. This time I strained the riced cauliflower through a coffee filter (so I could squeeze out the water). The crust turned out a lot more break like and was very good. It made a fantastic alfredo spinach mushroom chicken pizza.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1c cooked riced cauliflower
1 egg
1c Mozzarella cheese shredded
1/2 tsp fennel
1tsp oregano
2tsp parsley

To get the riced cauliflower I buy the frozen package, cook it, drain it on paper towel, rice it with a cheese grater, and then squeeze out the excess water through a paper coffee filter.

Preheat Oven to 450.

Combine cauliflower, egg and cheese. Press evenly onto pam'd pan*. Sprinkle with seasoning. Bake 12-15 minutes.

Add toppings and broil until cheese is melted.

*This can be done in smaller pizza sizes (as you can see from my photo I make two pizza's about 8x7), and the 'dough' can be saved in the fridge if you only want to use half at a time.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.