Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Monday Monday...

I'm actually almost ready for today. Generally Mondays don't mean much different then any other day of the week but since I've started working it is now my first day back at work. I'm hoping at some point I'll get used to the idea and stop feeling stressed all day till it's time to go.

Over the weekend we went to out little nieces birthday party. She turns six this Wednesday and had her party the weekend before so that the Man could go. We all had a good time, the Kiddo most of all, and ate some really good food. I have now have a new recipe to try for chili verde and can't wait to make it. When I do I'll be sure to post it for you all to try.

Till then how about a good, easy, inexpensive recipe

Taco Soup.

1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can tomato sauce
14 oz tomato juice (or chunked tomatoes)
1 can corn
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
1 lb hamburger
spice (salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic, and chalula are what I use)

Throw all the canned beans, tomatoes, corn, into a crock pot and set it on medium. Brown your meat, simmer with the taco seasoning, then chuck that in the pot too. Add spices to taste and let simmer for at least 4 hours. Serve in bowls with shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.