Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Christmas tree....

In a perfect world I'd decorate our tree the same way my family did when I was a kid. I remember we'd get the tree about a week before Christmas (a REAL tree) and Santa would decorate it Christmas Eve while we were sleeping. It was so amazing to sneak out of our rooms Christmas morning and peek downstairs to see what it looked like all lit up and beautiful. We can't afford a real tree, and dont want to lug one up three flights of stairs even if we could. As to the decorating, well... I just can't seem to wrap my head around staying up that late to help Santa out.
Anyway we did ours yesterday. It was snowing and I thought why not just get it all done. So while I strung the lights around and around I gave the Kiddo his Santa treehouse to play with.
Then, once the lights were done I unpacked all the ornaments. I pulled out my 3ft fiber optic tree from my college days and set it up for the Kiddo to decorate.
This give him a way to be completely happy and out of my way while I decorated our tree. He had me help him string the bead garland, then he very carefully picked a spot for each and every ornament. In the end he had a very cute tree! He was excited that he had his own tree for his room, and he was proud of the fact that him and mommy had both decorated trees together. We had a small glass of eggnog and a couple cookies while we congratulated each other on jobs well done.

3 comments:

Lynsey :) said...

Beautiful!

Lady D said...

i love that idea! one for him to decorate himself i mean! and your tree turned out awsome as always

Gwyneth said...

Yeah, I give myself the best mom award.. I hope you guys are all taking notes *grin*

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.