Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dreams and Dinosaurs

Last night (well, early this morning) I had a nightmare. It's been awhile since I've had one. This one had my mom in it. We were in the house we lived in when I was a kid, but it was located where my parents current house is. It was nighttime, and I was coming back inside from walking somebody to their car. All the lights were off and I was struggling to close the sliding door in the diningroom and for some reason it just would not close for me. Finally I got frustrated and went to my parents room to see if my mom was still awake, I figured she would know the trick to closing it. I was lucky and she was still awake, even though my dad was asleep. She grumbled at me for being silly but came to help anyway, I stayed near the hall but she went all the way into the room to the sliding door. All of the sudden she very calmly said "um G, you have two choices... you can either turn on the lights and try to help me, or you can leave really really quickly". It was so odd that I took a few steps further into the room to see what it was she was so worried about and saw a mound of scorpions trying to crawl their way through the crack that the door was open. I froze, one jumped at my moms bare foot... she yelped and I started screaming and frantically trying to turn on the lights. She jumped back, grumbled some more and asked me to please turn on the lights already yet. I kept flipping the switches but they wouldn't go on, I was completely freaked out and she was soooo calm (even with no shoes) and those little buggers were coming strait for me. It was NOT a good dream.

I woke up... not happy... freaked out... kiddo came in and snuggled, then he sat down near my head and sang me a song. Within a few seconds he had me giggling and feeling better. You know, sometimes kids really aren't all that bad to have around :)


No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.