Saturday, March 7, 2009

The weekend isn't mine

This weekend isn't mine. It isn't the Man's either so I guess I shouldn't complain. Today, saturday, is his mothers birthday. We weren't going to make a big deal out of it but withing each of the daily phone conversations I've had with her this week she mentioned it and sounded a little down sooooo we will be going over this afternoon with a couple gifts and cards (from the kiddo and from us). These short visits sometimes aren't so short so if I don't post again today that would be why ;)

Tomorrow is the Kiddo's mini party, for the inlaws. His PHX party was the best one he's every had. It was ALL about him, 11 adults all there playing with him... horsey and foam sword fights, wii, etc. He giggled from the time he woke up till he went to bed at 11! We overfilled my moms table and laughed and chatted while stuffing ourselves with grilled burgers and hotdogs (thanks daddy!). Then we topped it all off with pineapple upside down cake (mmmmmm). My moms house is always so warm and fun and full of positive energy.

The mans mom wanted initially for me to do another full party for the Kiddo. I balked. Not only do I not want to do the work, but selfishly I want this year to be my families year... I want that one to be the party he remembers. So we're going to do a lunch get together vs a party. We're having mini subs and chips. And I'll buy some store bought cupcakes. Still is a party, but it's a good compromise between what she wanted and what I wanted and makes us both happy.

So happy birthday to both of them, and here's to hoping the Man and I can squeeze in a little rest and relaxation somewhere in between.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.