Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm not a lier...

I told him on the way to the doctors office that we were going to meet a new friend for him. Thank goodness I wasn't lying...

I absolutely love the Kiddo's new doctor. She is young'ish, cute (not that that's a prerequisite but the Man and Kiddo appreciated it) she paid attention to us and our concerns and asked a lot of questions.

We filled all the new patient paperwork out, and they gave us TWO forms for previous medical records requests. Thank you, yes two. One for his doc here (the one I was not quite so fond of) and the one for his doc in AZ (whom I really liked). Not only that but the doc said there is another kid they see there who has ONH as well, and that she'd do some reasearch on it so she knew more exactly what the Kiddo was dealing with. That right there is almost enough for me to want to stay here forever and let her be his doc till he's all grown up. A doc should never be afraid to learn, and should WANT to learn more when it comes to their new patients conditions.

He was weighed and measured and apparently my scale isn't made for a four year old. Theirs said 32 lbs (vs mine saying 31) but their hight measurement was pretty much spot on to what mine was (36 1/2 inches). I guess he's in the 50th percentile in weight but the 5th percentile in height. I'm not sure what that means really, I mean if you look at the numbers you'd think he was really a chunk monster *chuckle*

The nurses we met were very nice. The one that gave him his shots (4 of them, he didn't really need them this year but as it was this or next we figured we might as well get em done) was very gentle and quick. He was upset for all of 5 seconds and then was ready to play again. He was very gimpy this evening, limping on both legs... poor kid two sore thighs makes it hard to walk. I wish I'd gotten video but I felt mean laughing so didn't. If he's still gimpy tomorrow I will for sure, it's hillarious seeing him man it out while he staggers around playing.

In the end the most important part is that the Kiddo adored the doctor, when she left the room after the visit was done he wanted to go with her. I'm glad we've found a doc that we all feel comfortable with and like. It's a very good thing.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.