Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday updates

It's getting close. I've got under three days before I'm on a plane with the Kiddo flying south. I'm excited and nervous and excited and nervous... yeah my multiple personalities are throwing fits.

I just had coffee and donut holes for breakfast. Because the Man is wonderful. Or he was bribing me, one of those.

My hair is blue, did I mention that? It isn't the first time in my life I've put blue in it. The dye the wonderful (read that dripping with sarcasm) stylist suggested because it "stays longer" .. .. uh I think she's full of beans! It's only been done a week and I've got to redo it again. I'll leave it in longer this time and put in a glaze to help it keep. I'm still adjusting to the cut but I can tell you right now I don't hate it, I either love it (the blue helps, how can you not love it with blue?) or I'm ambivalent about it.

I just finished reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer (she's the one who wrote the twilight books, and yes I read them too, though I didn't go all crazy about them like half the under 25 female population of the world has). All of this to say that I really really really want the Kindle 2. It's rediculously expensive, and I'll probably never actually get it (they don't have a lotto in Utah you know) but oh how I'd love one. I love to read, I read fast (um finished The Host in a day, it's only 620 pages long but still)... I want something I can carry around, something that will remember my page so when I have to get up and move quickly to avert a Kiddo disaster I don't have to spend 10 minutes finding my page. I want to be able to read a new book whenever I get the urge. *sigh* Yeah, I lust after the thing a bit...

Oh and for those of you who are wondering. I killed, in a good way, the typing test thing last Thursday. I type a decent 77 words per minute, so their alphanumeric test (while in field format vs paragraph) was still pretty easy for me to do. And since I spent so much time working on the 10 key pad I actually did fairly well on that one too. 30 wpm. Still they are only hiring for 6am or 6:30am shifts, my would be ride doesn't go in that early and daycares don't open until 6:30 anyway. I can't very well be dropping the kiddo off at daycare AND clocking in at work at the same time. The very nice woman promised they'd be giving me a call if they get to a point where they can be more flexable with their start times. *sigh* :(

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.