Friday, February 13, 2009

bittersweet... and funny

The kiddo wants a sister* I want a second kiddo. The Man just wants everybody to shut up already.. but he's like that so we ignore him.

The background for the story is something like this... (I think I may have mentioned it but will go ahead and be obnoxious and mention it again)... In December we asked the kiddo what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas. His answer was gooey and made me snuggle him. He said, several times, on several different occasions, that he wanted a house and a little sister. Of course when he sat on Santa's lap he got lockjaw and said something silly so didn't get either (HA kid teach you, next time try not to be so awed by the big white beard and shiny buttons).

Yesterday the Man and the Kiddo took me over to do my typing test and mini job interview. It's at the same place the Man works so while I was pecking away at the keys cursing my lack of finger dexterity the Man was parading the Kiddo around like the amazingly cute chick magnet he is. I gather that these people hear so many stories they demanded to meet the staring character when they heard he was going to be available for autographs.

The point of all this is that once I was done with my test etc. there was a little bs'ing going on, flirting on the Kiddo's part and chatting on mine and the Mans. Somewhere in the middle of all that the Kiddo told everybody that he had a little sister, I can't really remember how it even came up. A "tiny little sister" (said with fingers placed very nearly touching). We said no honey you don't have a little sister, and he, very seriously, said "but, yes I do, and she's tiny.. we have to go find her".

A few minutes of general bs'ing later we're ready to head out the door. We ask the Kiddo to say goodbye to his friends so we can go. He waves and says ...

"I have to go to work, so I can buy my little sister"

How much does a little sister cost you ask... well from some of the research I've done about 15k. Methinks the kiddo will be working for awhile *grin*

*Disclaimer: I swear it isn't my fault he wants a little sister. It's sesame street and/or his little foot movies.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.