Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've fallen...

and I can't get up!

Okay so maybe I can get up, I just don't WANT to. Things have been a little slow around here lately, usually I post at least once a day and I don't think I've posted anything new in about four days. Guilty *sheepish smile* So what's been going on you ask..

1. I've been working like a dog on my typing skills. Which, if I do say so myself, are not all that shabby. The problem is more my accuracy then speed. I'm at a solid 77 wpm, but only 98% accuracy, give or take. That's because my fingers work faster then my brain... er um... my brain works faster then my fingers? Anyway the typing test/interview for the job I really would love to get is this Thursday and I'm running through the alphanumeric and 10 key drill twice daily (which kinda burns me out on typing if you know what I mean).

2. I'm prepping for a wonderful glorious amazing trip to AZ in a week and I'm trying to get everything organized here so that I'll have a home to come back too vs a smoking hole in the ground. Not that I don't think the Man can handle it... sure he can... yeah... he might starve to death and then freeze when the power got shut off but he'd handle it...

3. I've been wrestling with the focus on my camera. I think I was using the manual zoom so much it messed with it's ability to auto zoom. Teach me to go playing photographer. Anyway I'm going to use that as my excuse for not keeping up with HS/MS/HS daily prompts. I'mma get back to that asap though, I miss doing it.

4. I'm running out of excuses for not having written anything in here. Lessee I should at least add that I cut my hair (which you knew) and then dyed it (which you didn't). Yes folks, that may be all the warning you're going to get before you see my glorious blu.. er um differently colored hair. Though I may be persuaded to put up a photo...

That all being said (and feeling as though I've rambled enough)... The Kiddo is great, his imagination is bigger then then universe. Last night he had to get out of bed and go see the Man so he could tell him that his voice was broken. Then the Man had to "talk him down" till he stopped worrying about it and would just go back to bed.

As an end note, speaking of imaginations, here's a funny picture or two of the Kiddo. He's using his flashlight as his rocket engine, which makes sense if you think that engines turn all fiery and glowing when they're blasting off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a bright kid; cute pics.
(Oh, be careful to not tell him that rocket engines have emissions as well as the brilliant light...)

Unknown said...

You may always used me as an excuse ;)

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.