Tuesday, February 3, 2009

itty bitty bits... otherwise known as Trinkets

Trinket: A small or worthless ornament, often with sentimental value... I love the photo prompt for today at HS/MS/HS (and there are some really good photo's to go with it).
I have a cup sitting on my dresser. In it I have a dozen little trinkets, things that make me happy and hold warm and fuzzy memories for me. When I get to feeling too stressed out, or frusterated, or cranky, I go to the cup and pull out the bits and let them lead me back to my happy place. Sometimes it helps to have physical reminders of the good things in your life.
My dog tags (I freely admit to photo shopping, can't be having the ssn out there for the world to see). Two little ducks, crystal angel earrings, a couple worry rocks, a blue tassel from a gift the Man gave me once, blue ribbon with little gadgets from the baby shower for my son, my knife *grin*, and a tiny bear that my grandma gave me.

2 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Lots of pretty trinkets. Good shot!

Chris T said...

Lovely take on trinkets - love the story behind them all too!

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.