Friday, August 6, 2010

hair today...

A couple years ago I got a haircut that was super short, a pixie cut. Almost everybody really liked it. But I wasn't so sure, granted I loved it when it was wet, but I was never sure about it it when it dried because it always went a little poofy. There's nothing worse then poofy on top hair if you've got an long oval face shape, it just makes your face look longer. Every time I looked in the mirror I wouldn't see me, and that bothered me.

Anyway it's been a few years since that experiment. My hair was finally long enough to pull back into an easy pony tail. Which means it was time for a new haircut.

The last time I saw my little sister she had a jaw length style, and I really loved it. The way she styled it really showed off her face shape well, and accentuated her jaw line. I thought I would go with something that would (hopefully) do the same for me. Plus I like short, it's easier to care for. So I went with an a-line cut, shorter in the back, but chin length in the front. Wash, scrunch and wear... quick and easy. I can still pull the sides back and clip them out of my face and if I have the time (or inclination) I can use a strait iron to flatten and curl it in to maximize the effect. I think I like it. Of course it's only day three, so I'm not quite used to it yet. What do you think? (and can I just say the angle on the front picture makes my nose look HUGE, *grumble*)


2 comments:

Fef said...

I like it. :) When I went in last the lady cutting mine over 'textured/layered' the front. So I have an more even cut then the deep a-line with a layered back cut I wanted. In two months it will be long enough to correct. :)

C said...

It's a pretty cut and goes with your face shape but something is not quite right (aside from the Cyrano nose, heh heh). I'm thinking that the style of hair doesn't match up with the style of bangs, maybe because the style itself is more sleek and the bangs are light and airy. The no-bangs look obviously works, because that's what your sis has, but it should be able to rock with a fringe on top too ... perhaps heavier/thicker bangs that curve higher in the center than at the sides (to avoid the straight-across Cleopatra look), or longer bangs swept to the side?

(I really liked the super-short do you had at sis' wedding, but I understand it does look a tad oldish, and requires makeup on the face to avoid the appearance of just-don't-wanna-bother.)

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.