Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome Fall

Today is officially the first day of fall. Which I knew the minute I stepped out the front door last night to take the trash out, brrr!! The autumnal equinox occurs at 5:18 p.m. (EDT).
Right now, at 9:45am it's 57 degrees. I turned off the a/c and opened all the blinds. It is a relief to have a house filled with sunshine instead of the lights on cave I've been living in. I may even throw all the windows wide later this afternoon when it gets to be a respectable temperature.

I love fall, I love how crisp the air feels and smells. I love sleeping with the windows open* and I love how it makes me think of campfires and marshmallows. I really hope that this year we can take the Kiddo on his very first camping trip. Though we'd have to do it soon and I think my October is a little full already ;)

*which generally also means no a/c and a much lower power bill.

2 comments:

360_gandering said...

I remember fall camping in Utah. Four kids, two adults, one big tent, and rain. The camping area was near a lake (Fish Lake?) and there was so much water in the air you woulda thought lake and shore had switched places. We went back home first thing in the morning. After the sun came out again we had to spread everything out in the back yard to dry it before we could put it away.

lady D said...

i remember that! i dont remember the humidity, but i do remeber the trip and the tent! i miss fall, thats one of the biggest reasons why i want to move from phx so bad. they got snow in colorado yesterday!

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.