Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today I finally sucked it up and gave the Kiddo his first dose of thyroid medication. I will admit that I have been reluctant to do so. One big reason is that I am worried about remembering to give it to him at the same time every day (I have two alarms set to help me remember). The other is that I feel unbelievably guilty about starting him on a medication he will be taking for the rest of his life. As I understand it once he starts taking it he can never stop and any altering of the type will take slow weaning off of the one then slow build up of the dose of the next with careful monitoring during the whole process.

But as mentioned... he is now officially being medicated. I am making new wallet cards with his diagnosed conditions, and the medications he takes for them.

I am sad *sigh*

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.