Tuesday, September 23, 2008

pretty in... black

Sunday we went to a gunshow. Kevin and I keep meaning to go but since we moved to Utah two years ago I think we've only been to one. That's pretty bad considering.

Anyway, as mentioned, we actually finally made it to a gunshow on Sunday. After getting past the sticker shock of the tickets (I know, I know 9 bucks a pop isn't really that bad but yeesh!) we wandered up and down every single isle.
We finally found a guy who actually had (miracles of miracles) all three models of the Kimber I've been looking at.

I really like the SIS Pro (which is the mid sized option). And as luck would have it the gentleman at the booth was not at all busy so I was able to hold all three, the Custom, Pro and Ultra and I really liked how the Pro felt. I mean the Ultra was very nearly perfect but I've been told that a shorter barral on a .45 actually hurts the velocity somewhat.
Kevin has of course been pointing out that in wanting a Kimber the length of time I'll have to wait before I have it will be quite a bit longer then otherwise. He has mentioned a couple time that a Glock .40 would be just as good and quite a bit lighter. I may have to consider his view. After all I got my first gun almost 10 years ago (Ruger Mark II) and it's probably about time I upgraded.

No comments:

Thoughts...

Thoughts Become Things; Choose The Good Ones.